Friday, October 1, 2010

Lakehouse Weekend




One of the newer members of our outdoor club hosted a weekend at his lakehouse for 20 of us this weekend.  My GPS took me to the correct street, but then dropped me.  I saw a house with a bunch of people and a lot of cars so I drove up and parked.  I didn't recognize anyone so I asked, "What is the address here?"  Oops...wrong party...

I backtracked to the beginning of the road and followed the directions that were emailed.  I finally found the correct party well after dark.

 

The first night I slept in the house.  There were people on the couches, all three beds, and on the floor.  The second night there were even more people so some of us, including me, pitched our tents.  I had the window open at first but the dog tried to crawl in so I had to close it.  He went away but came back a few minutes later, whimpering.  We think he'd been recently abandoned by his owner and decided to adopt us.  

That dog followed us everywhere - hiking, biking, and even into the water.  He tried to jump in the boats.  When someone decided to take him for a ride in one of the kayaks, though, he wanted no part of it. 

Click on the photo below for a closer look at the redneck boat dock.       





I met someone new.  The rule is:  If it happens at BCO, it gets posted on Facebook and the club website.  I guess that means it's also ok to post here. 


Yep, that's me in the purple sleeves and that's him looking at me.  We spent the entire weekend just hanging out and talking.  I was rocking the frizzy-haired, no makeup look so he's already seen me that way.  Maybe I'll start trying to meet more average, attractive, nice guys and less guys that are knee-melting, swooning hot but treat me like crap or ignore me. 

No, I don't know where it's going but he's real, he's local, he's respectful, and he calls.  (Did I mention he's a geocacher?)

18 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice...you pretty much got the whole package...smiles.

Amanda said...

Dude kinda sounds like a winner ;)

LL Cool Joe said...

Sounds promising! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Good luck! He sounds like a keeper!

Vince said...

Sorry Missy but the body lingo is all wrong. As are that last few lines of this post.

Jen said...

Mine or his? I hate that you're always right.

Jen said...

Every time I meet someone new I'm gonna post here so Vince can tell me if I'm wasting my time.

Rebecca S. said...

Hmmmm. Average nice guys are all well and good, but don't settle, eh? You're worth it. He might be too, what do I know? Good luck!

Kelly said...

Aww. I feel sorry for the dog.

Anonymous said...

How refreshingly hopeful an entry. Please have you all a nice weekend.

Can't even remember when I had something alike. Nice to know people are able to do.

jack69 said...

All is well with the world.
One comedisan said 'lose a few lose a few!'
That is not always right.
Hope you have a good connection without the static!
From a little town in Alabama, called Arley.

Sage said...

which one is he (there are at least two guys looking at you! :) ) Glad you had a good weekend.

Vince said...

You said it, not me. How long do you think something will last with you thinking you were settling for average. Yeah, that's exactly what most of us at 14 are wishing when we think on our future mate would view us.
You would end up hating each other in jig-time. Nor would it matter that you said nothing, we men are not that stupid, we might act it, but we're not.
It's one of the reasons why we're leery of the 30something that's decided her bio-timer has hit zero and she drops a few credit-card colours.

Heather said...

Maybe it really isn't settling. You might find that this dude has way better qualities then the "Hot" ones have.

I say go for it and see if there are possibilities there.

Lourie said...

Hot guys, a lot of the time are too into themselves anyway.

I would have been sooo embarrassed about going to the wrong house. haha.

Tempo said...

..One door slams on your fingers but another one opens to a ray of light...
Good luck, as always!

Jen said...

@sage: I only noticed one - black shirt.

@Vince: Maybe I'm just refocusing on what's really important, and I'm NOT lowering those standards.

A Lady's Life said...

You know.... be normal and see what happens .
Might be ok might not be but ...whatever. Do what makes you happy. If he wants you, he will try to make you happy and you deserve it.
If not...... let him fly.
Not worth it.
People have to come together for the right reasons, not the wrong ones.

Post a Comment