Saturday, October 16, 2010

Research

A Beginner's Guide to Research
Image from Flickr.


I've been reading up on making a move to Hawaii.  There's a lot of information and advice available on the internet.

Bring 10,000 dollars.  - check (twice)
Find a roommate.  -  working on that
Be open to finding whatever work is available.  -  OK
Be prepared to work two or more part-time jobs before you find your dream job. -  Can do.
Some even suggest you can camp out for awhile.  I don't mind sleeping in a tent...

I think Wyoming was half-joking when he threw out the offer.  I don't know how his friends will feel about bringing in some chick he found on the internet.  I let him know I wouldn't be showing up with 750 dollars to my name and expecting them to help me out like that last girl did.  I'll take a drug test. I'll come for a visit and meet everyone first.  I'm very serious.

I think I'm still going to do it even if this falls through.  I'm so ready for a fresh start somewhere I can hardly stand it.  I am afraid to go it alone until after my daughter graduates, though, so preparing Plan B just in case.  What does one have to do to become a  bartender in Texas?

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Would your daughter be interested in going with you? After she finishes school, that is....

sage said...

Is he requiring a drug test? If so, you should laso demand one and probably a credit report too. Good luck.

Jen said...

I think she plans to move out on her own as soon as she can. She is more than welcome to join me if she likes, though.

Jen said...

No, I said that because that last woman turned out to be a nightmare...drug addict with no money the way I'm hearing it...my won credit report is not so spectacular after a custody battle and a year and a half of unemployment...

Jen said...

own credit report...oops

Brian Miller said...

nice. do your homework...it could be an incredible new start...

Tempo said...

Plan C..come to Australia.
Universal health care, friendly people, lots of work (well paid),free education, all the sunburn and poisonous animals you could ever want.
Cheers

Vince said...

I suspect on the Texas aspect of the question, being blonde with big knockers would be a plus. I've seen Dallas !.

And $10,000, that sounds a rather large net. It seems to point to the lack of ready employment of any sort. For they seem point with that amount that you won't have work for 6 months, well 20 weeks.

gayle said...

Sounds like you are doing your homework and are very well prepaired!

Anonymous said...

It is good you are doing your research...I would definitely visit first...Not so much for the guy, but I moved here to Tucson on someones word (My parents) and I regret it...

tiarastantrums said...

wow - that really sounds like quite an adventure - i wish I was brave enough to do something like that! bEST OF LUCK TO YOU WITH YOUR DECISION!

Post a Comment