Thursday, October 21, 2010

Avon Calling

I actually put a little effort into my Avon business by going door to door in my neighborhood.  I chose one street and armed myself with brochures, perfume samples, and some of the product inventory I've acquired.

The first woman who answered the door said she loved Avon and welcomed me into her home.  She was so excited, I'm adding her to my email list and told her I'd call before I placed my order if she'd like.  She bought some lip gloss on the spot and said she'd look through the brochure. She probably would have bought some lip liner, but I left that at home.  The bag was heavy enough with the stuff I did take.  I'll drive next time so I can bring it all. 

She also asked if I had any plumping lipstick.  It never occurred to me to buy any of that because one thing I don't need is bigger lips.  Is that something that a lot of people like to use? 

Another woman was trying to find some Avon lipstick she was out of and wanted more.  She couldn't find it.  Too bad I didn't take lipstick samples with me - I could have said, "Here.  Try some of these."  I'm going to order every lipstick sample I can so I'll be ready next time.

16 comments:

Kelly said...

So do you think you'll continue to sell Avon when you get to Hawaii?

Amanda said...

Lipsticks are hugely popular with some demographics. I don't need plumping lipsticks either, but I've seen some of those "makeover" shows and from listening to some of them you'd think plumping lipsticks were akin to the Second Coming.

Good call on ordering the samples.

Jen said...

Selling Avon is one of those things that you put as much or as little effort into as you want. I believe I will continue selling it and see how it goes. My moving won't affect my online customers at all.

Brian Miller said...

nice. sounds like some promising business...

Liz Mays said...

I've heard a lot about those lipsticks lately. I didn't know they really worked though. That's cool that you had success with your door to door sales!

Anonymous said...

I personally don't use it...But I also don't wear much makeup...Good luck...

gayle said...

I use to sell Avon and the only way I made any money was by going door to door but at that time there wasn't online ordering! Good Luck!!

Shionge said...

Hiya Jen, thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you will come by to visit me again.

As I am new in your blog, I just want to know are you doing this like a freelance basis? Wish you every success ya :)

Lourie said...

I don't use plumping lipsticks...psssh I hardly use lipstick period. Sound like you had a productive day! Way to go!

Bernie said...

Way to go Jen, Avon has a good reputation and now sells everything. I believe the more effort you put into it the more successful you will be.
Good for you my friend......:-) Hugs

Holly Lefevre said...

I have always loved Avon. I do like plumping lipsticks too...I have tiny lips. I wish an Avon Lady would come visit me.

Heather said...

i have never wanted to plump my lips either...they are just fine...ha ha ha. thanks for your visit...you have a cool blog, i like the title...xo

ethelmaepotter! said...

I'd never even heard of plumping lipsticks...I personally don't use lipstick, but if I did, I would use anything that would change the look of that little pink line between my nose and chin that passes for lips!

sage said...

I completely refuse to plump up lips... Sounds like you had a good sale day!

LL Cool Joe said...

Sounds like you did well! I hope you sell lots of stuff!

Heather said...

Wow, I thought the plumping lipsticks were over with. I had no idea they were still around. I liked them, but then again I have thin lips. Then again I haven't boughten or used lipstick in awhile.

So glad you are doing well, hope it takes off for ya!

Post a Comment