Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rise Above This

I'll mend myself before it gets me...




Thanks for all of your support, guys.  The stress of unemployment is getting to me.  Disappointments have been amplified.  My insecurity is causing problems.  I need to go get some kind of job SOON.  Someone suggested a way to get some stress release (you need to get laid)...I'm working on that.  I'm not willing to go do that with just anyone, but it may be years before I get married again and sorry to my ultra-conservative readers - I love you and respect your views, but I'm not waiting that long. 

You attract what you are and I'm a mess.  I'll get better, though.

I was going to add this as a comment in response to some of you, but realized I'd written a post:

No dislike of men, just frustration. Some of them need to be kicked out.


I've talked to both guys and everything is fine now.


The new guy's attorney has advised him it's best not to go looking for a girlfriend just yet. I think it's better to wait until his divorce is final, too.


Wyoming and I are talking about visiting again, but not even trying to pretend we're in a relationship...yet...


No, it's not just about sex. We've not even kissed yet. I never will believe that with him because he's a musician with beautiful groupies throwing that at him. I know men find me attractive, but he could easily find a hotter piece that is far less demanding and much more accessible. Your average guy will say or do just about anything long enough to get laid. Your rockstar type will say, "that's too much effort for some sex" and he'll mean it.  

11 comments:

Tempo said...

Sex, sex, sex...is that all you think about?
No! wait, thats your line...

Glad to see you have no illusions about men.. What pricks we can be.
Good luck in your..er..quest?! ;-)

Liz Mays said...

I love the song, and maybe it's best that you feel you're in a good place before adding someone else to the mix.

Heather said...

A girl has to do what she has to do to keep her sanity. Good luck.

Brian Miller said...

i agree with BV...it will all play out in time...

LL Cool Joe said...

It's your life and you must make decisions that are right for you. No one here should ever judge your choices. :)

A Cuban In London said...

Well, I have been trawling through your posts (you know if the mountain doesn't come to Muhammaed... :-D)). It's one of those situations where advice had better not be given. Because you'll get it wrong. In my very short experience of unemployment what kept me going was the self-confidence I had grown up with. But even that was tested. And I saw a glimpse of depression and didn't like the look of it. I was lucky in landing such a good, fulfilling job in such a short time after being laid off but it could have been worse.

The reason why I'm writing all this waffle? Because you're still blogging, because you still have on your profile "I'm a marathon-running, kayaking, cycling, sci-fi geek who loves to travel". You love. Period. You love life and life will love. Everytime. Sometimes the going gets tough and sometimes it gets easier, but guess what? It's never boring. Living is not boring. As for the other stuff, the one that starts with "s", do what you want, when you want it, with whom you want it. You will be judged if you do, or if you don't. You will be judged because you're a woman. Sad that in 21st century blue Earth we're still so prejudiced and judgemental about women, but that's life. And if it throws lemons, thrown them at the first moron that tries to judge.

Enough said. :-) Have a good week.

Greetings from London.

PS: 42 and still running marathons, kayaking and cycling? Here's to your next lot of 42 years when you'll probably be walking on the craters of Mars.

Amanda said...

Everyone else has already said everything I'd say. You're on track. Hang in.

Blasé said...

I've been unemployed for 3 months. We are selling our townhouse and going to rent apartment.

Times are tough for millions of us right now.

Having sex will give you a few minutes of relief...that is all.

sage said...

I hate to give advice here, so I'll just say it seems that there are many of us pulling for you.

Kelly said...

Lots of good words in your comments here. I especially like LL Cool Joe's.

No geocaching posts in awhile. Still doing that?

gayle said...

Don't worry about what others think.........I know that's hard because I spend way too much time thinking about that. Try to make yourself happy!!

Post a Comment