Saturday, October 30, 2010

I'll Miss Houston Food

Image from Flickr.


I have 15 days to get my bikini body on. I need to limit eating out and absolutely no more fast food. I just ate my last Homestyle Angus Burger from McDonald's for a while. Angus beef with lots of mustard and pepper, no mayonnaise...mmmmm. They have McDonald's everywhere but you can only get this burger in Texas. I'm going to miss it...and Tex-Mex. Can I even find fajitas in Honolulu? Or chili con queso?

Houston actually has quite a variety of good food. We have Vietnamese noodle houses, Taquerias, Italian, Thai, the best steak houses on earth (Japanese and Texan), Gulf seafood, Cajun, sushi...anything you can think of with enough competition that they have to be good or they won't stay in business very long. I'm a little spoiled, I think.

10 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

That is so true, we do have some great places to eat here in Houston.

Brian Miller said...

yes you do...have traveled there several times and the food is excellent...drink lots of water the next 15 days...smiles.

Anonymous said...

Reading this in the middle of the night surely is a challenge ;)

Waking up today, not knowing what day it was, made me think much, deciding a few things as well. Wishing you the best of luck and success !

daily athens

Kelly said...

Mmmmm, I LOVE texmex!! I bet you'll be able to find just about anything you want in Hawaii.

Funny, I never cared that much for beef until after I spent 8 years as a vegetarian. Since I stopped doing that I haven't been able to get enough of it! Pork's my favorite, though.

magiceye said...

sure looks delicious!!!

LL Cool Joe said...

I've eaten far too much great food in the US in the last week, now I'm on a diet!

Amy said...

Oh yes, they have yummy food there. I lived there for a short time. Have a great Halloween..

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Okay, must you? My mouth is WATERING now.

Heff said...

GODSPEED !

Rachel Cotterill said...

I never knew that there were McDonalds meals you could only get in certain places! And I love mexican food... if you can't find fajitas you'll just have to make some ;)

Post a Comment