A position in import / export where my current skills and experience will be beneficial that offers increased responsibilities and opportunities in the future.
1996 - 2009 Large Global Container Shipping Line
Export Customer Service
• Input bill of lading documents.
• Checked bill of lading documents for accuracy, printed and released to shippers.
• Accepted booking requests via phone, fax, EDI and INTTRA.
• Input booking details.
• Handled special cargo including hazardous, out of gauge, break-bulk, and refrigerated containers.
• Tracked and traced cargo from port of load through place of delivery.
• Maintained customer contact via telephone, email, and fax as required.
• Provided rate quotes.
• Met with clients in person to discuss business needs and expectations.
• Assisted in training new employees.
• Grew an account that began as a few shipments per week to $6 million annually.
• Implemented an email response KPI and reporting system that improved response time from 4 days to less than 24 hours.
• Successfully evacuated not just our office, but the entire building when there was smoke in the halls but the fire alarms did not go off.
• Resolved a credit issue for one of my top customers, allowing the account to receive their bill of lading documents and preventing them from shifting more business to competitors.