Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Huntsville State Park


I'm trying to keep busy.  This weekend it was a camping trip at Huntsville State Park.  Those are just a few of our tents pictured above.  I've had that Timber Creek tent for over 10 years now.  I bought it on sale at Academy for $25.  They don't generally get very good reviews, but I've had no major problems with mine.  I did get wet once, but a three-dollar bottle of seam sealer took care of that.  Now it has to rain very hard for a very long time and then maybe a tablespoon or two of water will get in - not enough to ruin a trip.  I've never had it collapse on me, either, no matter how hard the wind blew. 


We went for a hike around the lake and found 7 geocaches.  I dropped off some travel bugs I've had for too long.  I thought I took pictures of them, but I can't find any.  Remember the Boy Scouts pinewood derby cars?  They made some they are racing as TB's.  Anyone interested in viewing the trackable or where it's been can click here.  "Prizes will be awarded for cars that travel the farthest, pass through the most hands, and have the most creative route, among others," according to the website.   


We had an armored visitor to our campsite.  It's unusual to see armadillos during the daytime, much less one that strolls into camp despite there being 20 people and 3 dogs around.  I heard him rustling around at night, too.  I spotted him on my way to the bathroom.  People staring and taking pics don't phaze him, but he didn't like a flashlight shining on his back.  

At the end of the weekend, I put out my Avon on the picnic table and actually sold a few items.  I made my first sale!  Woo hoo!         

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I love that pic of the armadillo! So cute!

Congrats on the first sale!

Brian Miller said...

how col. used to see armadilos when i lived in FL...great job on the sale as well!

Vince said...

Yahoo, keep the dollar it could be the first Jen-Corp earnings.
Ugly little bastard, that Armadillo. As we say here 'somebody with the looks only a mother could love'.

Vince said...

And Huntsville, the prison ?.

Jen said...

Yes, there is a prison in Huntsville. I didn't realize it was that famous.

LL Cool Joe said...

The armadillo is cute! :D

Kelly said...

Great photo of the armadillo! I've seen them in the woods when I've been hunting and it amazes me how much noise they make with all their rooting around in the underbrush!

sage said...

You got a good photo of that armored bandit! I hope you celebrated your birthday well and yes, we all know about the Huntsville Prison, Texas has kind of made it famous.

Heather said...

I didn't know there was a state park there in Huntsville. My son-in-laws parents live there and we have visited a couple of times. Next time we go, I'm going to have to check it out. I like Armidillos as long as they don't root in my yard!!

Tempo said...

Ive got 4 tents but usually prefer the swag. Those small dome tents are indestructable eh. My old faithful alpine tent got stolen when I was bushwalking..*%$#(*
The Armadillo is so cool, love to see one...but whats he got to be afraid of..he's armour plated...right?!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is awesome that you made your first sale at the campsite.
I can't believe you saw an armadillo. CRAZY

Sara Louise said...

Look at that armadillo! I've never seen one up close like that that hadn't been smushed by a car

Post a Comment