Monday, November 16, 2009

San Antonio

Saturday, November 14

My friend and I drove to San Antonio for the marathon.  I knew my hotel was near the finish line, but we discovered it was also within 2 blocks of the expo, the Riverwalk, and the buses to the start line.

We visited the expo to pick up our numbers, goodie bags, and check out the booths.  I bought a new pair of running shoes, a number belt with a small pouch to stash small items like keys, cell phone, or Gu, and some sleeves.  Yes, I bought sleeves without a shirt.  It's all about layers.  I've been wanting some of those ever since I saw some of the cyclists in BCO wearing them.  When they get too hot, they just take the sleeves off and put them in their backpack.  I want some tattoo sleeves, like in the pic, but the ones I bought are black with a Rock 'n' Roll Marathon series logo.





After the expo, we went to the Riverwalk for dinner.  Pasta with shrimp and scallops.  Yum.  There's no such thing as a diet the day before a marathon.  We consumed as many calories as we could stand.

I priced my new shoes at a store on the way back to our hotel.  I saved 25 dollars off retail.  Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment