Sunday, October 18, 2009

Facebook

My virtual fish tank:


I heard from another voice from my past this morning. A former colleague IM'd me on Facebook. She has moved back to Romania and is going through a divorce. Instead of feeling sorry for herself, she's going back to school and learning how to live her own life again. She told me when I finally take my trip to Europe I need to look her up and she'll be my guide. Maybe I'll make that my next summer vacation. I'd better add "get a passport" on my to do list.


Facebook has been great for reconnecting with old friends and staying in touch with current friends or recent colleagues. It has also gotten me hooked on FarmTown, FarmVille, Happy Aquarium, Fish World and other applications. I get invites to be a neighbor on a new one almost every day. I can't keep up with all of them. I log in to find my fish floating because I didn't feed them. I can't even keep virtual fish alive?!?




4 comments:

Minka said...

The virtual fish don't matter so much as long as you remeber real life neighbours and friends... don't you think?

Jen said...

I agree. The real world is much more fun and my real friends are much more important.

My real pets never suffer that way. Of course, they meow and harrass me relentlessly until they are fed...

Poppy said...

Facebook is useful. People nag about schoolwork in their statuses and sometimes I get some info on it I wouldn't get otherwise. :P

I don't have fish tank but I'm a pro in farmville and Restaurant city ;)

Jen said...

My crops die in FarmVille...

Post a Comment