Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ladybugs



In one of my favorite scenes from Under the Tuscan Sun, the main character's friend is telling her how when she was a girl she would search and search for ladybugs and could never find them.  She finally gave up and fell asleep in the garden.  When she woke up, there were ladybugs crawling all over her. 

She said, "Look at you.  You're sad.  You're boring.  Go work on your house and forget about it." 

Wyoming isn't evil.  He always takes my calls even when I'm upset.  If I say "I want to finish this conversation tonight, call me" - he calls me.  I believe his friendship is real if nothing else.  The more I think about it, the more I think it's best to keep things at a friendship level.  Trying to maintain a long distance relationship for a year would be very stressful.  I'd rather nap in the garden and wait for the ladybugs to find me...



  


10 comments:

Brian Miller said...

happy waiting...smiles.

Kelly said...

Wise thoughts.

Vince said...

I do not believe the man is evil. And I do think you would be together if he was living two towns over. Or if you could commute every weekend or fortnight. Where you could be in to each other rather than the idea of each other.
You need to have the smell of him in your nose as does he of you. And that's the problem of long distance relationships, where you do not have to other person in your eyes ears nose and tongue. The other, where you both try remodeling using your head is not as important.
But at the moment life is getting in the way for you both.

jack69 said...

Sounds like a good idea. Take care and follow your heart (and brain).

We should be in Moab in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Seems like you've got a good grip on yourself and your life.
Take care.

All the best, Boonie

Tempo said...

Thats a really nice way to put it Jen...and it sounds like great advice.

Unknown said...

That's a good idea! I'm waiting for the ladybugs too!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a good plan to me! He if you guys are still interested at the years end then that will be a good thing...You will know each other even better...

Sara Louise said...

Under The Tuscan Sun is one of my all time favorite movies! I can watch it over and over and never tire of it :-)

A Lady's Life said...

Thats' a smart move

Post a Comment