Monday, August 30, 2010

Just Breathe

Image from Flickr.

Things would be much easier for me this week if I wasn't stuck inside, bouncing off the walls. I normally exorcise my demons by taking a run or a very long walk...stomping out my frustrations...

My asthma is getting bad again. I can't get through an entire sentence without taking a breath. At least I'm not speaking one word at a time. It is getting progressively worse, though, so I guess I'll call and see if my doctor will prescribe some oral steroids over the phone. I have no insurance and a doctor's visit isn't in the budget. I really can't afford an emergency room visit, though, so I will go if I have to.

I'm supposed to be training for a triathlon. I hope this doesn't last three months again. We take such simple things like breathing for granted...until we can't.

12 comments:

jack69 said...

Man I hate to hear this. We were just talking about you earlier today. I remember the posts you made from here. We are now in Moab. We took a drive upon top, it is beautiful. Tomorrow we will attack the Archies.
Hope you get to breathing better. You know what you need better than anyone do what youthink is best.

Stupid advice I know, but relax. Sorry, it is just my nature.
Love from Moab.

LL Cool Joe said...

My partner suffers with serious asthma but it's completely under control with the selection of inhalers used each day.

I hope you get yours under control too.

Vince said...

I thought Obama fixed all that. Not your puff, but the ER stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're soon feeling better.

All the best, Boonie

Tempo said...

The American health care system is a sham... Basic health care is free in Oz as are ALL visits to the hospital casualty unit. They spend all that money on weapons and space when simple things like health care are ignored... Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now...
I hope youre feeling better real soon Jen

Liz Mays said...

Be gone asthma! You still have time to train but I'm sure you're anxious to get started!

Brian Miller said...

true that...hope it passes soon for you...

Felicity Grace Terry said...

An asthmatic myself, your words are so familiar except that we are lucky enough to have an NHS so need not worry about insurance etc. Hope that your breathing is becoming a little easier.

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear that you're having problems. I hope it clears up soon!

Anonymous said...

Reading through your latest entries, I'd like to send you two hands full of air to breath.
Having had a bike accident a couple of years ago, with two broken rips and a pierced wing of the lung, surely an entry much felt, as the hospital decided to leave the night as I was, until taking care of it the next morning.
Much courage and patience throughout the new month for you.

daily athens

A Lady's Life said...

Yes Thats not cool.
Need to take it easy .Sometimes over doing it also affects the breathing.
Hope you feel better real soon.
Must be something you can do.
Even with health care, they charge the government 800 dollars just to swipe the card and then if they do not do anything....well it is just a waste.

Heather said...

That asthma is nothing to play around with, I had to watch my neice go through an attack and it scared to begebbers out of me!
I sure hope it lets up and the doc is kind.

Post a Comment