Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Don't Tell Me What I Need

The video is So What by Pink.  (Love her attitude.  I want to see a certain someone jump on stage while she's accepting an award.)  I hope VEVO doesn't block too many this time.



The other day, Wyoming and I were talking on the phone and I had to change the subject because my daughter was in the room.  I told him, "I'm not alone."

"Are you with a guy or your daughter?"

"My daughter."

"I wouldn't care if you were with a guy."

Mmm hmmm.  He asked because he doesn't care...

Then the next time I talked to him he said I should be going out on dates.  "Why are you pushing me to go out with other guys?  What's wrong with you?"

"You have needs."

WTF?  Whether I see other guys or not is my decision, not his.  I didn't pick up when he called last night because I was afraid I'd rip him a new one. 

I'm not looking for someone to date right now no matter what happens with Wyoming.  I'd rather concentrate on my triathlon and school.  If I meet somebody, great.  If I don't that's okay, too.  I think it might be time to go see the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas.  I got all excited about going and a certain poker player bailed.  I don't need a man to take me.  I'll take myself.

19 comments:

Vince said...

Drop-kick him.
There is not a man on the planet who is interested would make such a suggestion. Not now, not ever. And not heterosexual or homosexual.
Needs, my eye. You might have them. But he sure as hell should not be thinking of anyone else satisfying them if he has any gumption at all.

Anonymous said...

Kick ass song! I agree with Vince! What a "tool"

Brian Miller said...

nice song...i think you should it would be a great trip...

sage said...

I agree with Vince!

jack69 said...

The trip would be great Vegas and the Grand canyon. Praobably good work out down and back!!!!! Might be too hot now though.

Take care.

Kelly said...

Take the trip to Vegas! You'll have a great time.

Heather said...

I have found that when a man says such things, it's either cause they only veiw you as a play thing or that they are seeing someone else and don't want to feel guilty about it. Who needs that in their life?

Take the trip, sounds like fun is waiting to be had in Vegas!

Anonymous said...

You do seem to know a lot of devious and complicated people. I used to too - before I bought my gun. Life is so much more straightforward now.....

Have a nice day, Boonsong

Tempo said...

Hmm, quick to get the whip out arent they... LOL Im thinking maybe he's feeling insecure and was hoping to hear you say youre committed to seeing how this relationship works out before moving on.
Of course the other possibility is that his 'needs' are causing him some feelings of guilt .
Either way, it's easy to get just one conversation wrong...he was prob kicking himself as he said that stupid thing.

Unknown said...

Vince is SO right! And you can take yourself! I have taken myself to so many places and had the best times! Have fun!

Full-On-Forward said...

Amen-- and "what Vince said"!

Have a blast in Vegas--and remember- What happens in Vegas:

GETS POSTED WITH PICS ON THE BLOG!!!!!!

John

Carolynn Anctil said...

Vince basically said it all. I think you have a great attitude. Go out, have fun, and if someone great comes along and he can keep up with you, then invite him to join you. If you want to.

Jess said...

Go to Vegas!! So awesome! Great song choice by the way! :)

Claudya Martinez said...

That whole conversation just does not sit right with me.

I've always wanted to go to the Grand Canyon.

Rob Strickland said...

You just got to like Pink, don't care who ya are.

Not that it really matters, but...did you ever figure out if Wyoming had a GF this whole time?

Anonymous said...

I like your last two lines. And Vince said it all right.

Grand Canyon is so amazing. A game of poker is not bad, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

I want to go to Vegas SOOOO bad!!

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to go to the Grand Canyon.

That conversation was odd... I think Vince had it right.

A Lady's Life said...

good for you.
He doesn't need to give you permission and neither does he need to know what you do.
No one knows your needs.
Its not good to be needy anyway.
Good to be your own man.Good luck.

Post a Comment