Thursday, December 30, 2010

Self-Employment

Tomorrow's getting harder, make no mistake
Luck ain't even lucky, gotta make your own breaks 


   - Bon Jovi



I've been thinking about what direction I want to take with my blog and my life in the new year.  I'm planning trips with my outdoor group, so I'm hoping to do more of those types of posts.  Those are the ones that get Google traffic.  Maybe one day I'll set up a blog entirely devoted to outdoor adventures.  I've read that to earn money blogging you have to choose a niche and stick with it.  One blog is all that I can manage right now, so that's on the backburner. 

I really like the idea of being my own boss.  I can't get laid off...I earn according to how much effort I make...I won't be stuck with a boss who's setting me up to fail...

I'm not sending any more resumes out until February.  I want to spend January seeing how many Avon customers I can find.  I know there are people out there that are able to earn a living doing this.  A woman in the UK recently became the first Avon millionaire.  It took her 6 years.  She became an Avon rep after being laid off from her job.  She's my new hero.    http://www.21stcenturynetworker.com/2010/09/01/bbc-news-sunderland-woman-becomes-first-avon-millionaire/

I'll be back to your blogs on January 1.  I miss you guys.

10 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

I hope you are able to find a new job.

Brian Miller said...

if you can make it work then more power to you, being your own boss would not be a bad thing at all..

Full-On-Forward said...

Blessings are coming!!!

John

Pain SUX said...

Hi there.

Happy New Year. I'm a new follower. I hope when you get a chance, you'll follow me back.

Thanks.

~Steph
http://fortheluvofsanity.blogspot.com

LL Cool Joe said...

Good luck with your Avon job! I would have thought January could be a tough month to sell stuff? I find that when I sell stuff on Ebay anyway.

Tempo said...

Sounds like a plan Jen..and I believe anyone can do anything, so long as they have a plan and stick to it.

Kelly said...

Good thing I'm not trying to make money with my blog since it's all over the place with topics!

I wish you all the best with your AVON sales and a very happy, prosperous new year!!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours all the very best of Luck and a Happy New Year as well. You deserve it !

gayle said...

I know money can be made selling Avon. Good luck!!

sage said...

Good luck with employment in 2011... I should write a post about my mom's Avon lady--you're much cutier (this was in the late 60s, early 70s and she must have been approaching 80, or so it seemed to me). Happy New Year!

Post a Comment